- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled mangoes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- Place mangoes and strawberries in a food processor; add sugar syrup and lime juice. Cover and process until pureed. Transfer puree to a 13x9-in. dish. Freeze 45 minutes or until edges begin to firm. Stir and return to freezer. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process 2-3 minutes or until smooth Yield: 1 quart.
Reviews forStrawberry Mango Sorbet
"I made this several times for my family last summer and will make it again this summer. It is so simple!! My sister loved when I made it for her after her wisdom teeth extraction surgery. TRY THIS RECIPE!"
"This was pretty good, but it was REALLY sweet. I suggest only adding the sugar syrup to taste. The fruit I used was very sweet, so putting all of the sugar syrup in made the whole thing too sweet in my opinion."
"It was really yummy! But next time I would make it into popsicles, since it turns rock hard in the freezer after a while."