Strawberry Malted Mousse Cups
Eyes light up whenever I bring these pretty treats to the table. The mousse cups are nice not only for Christmas, but also for bridal and baby showers.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1 cup refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Fresh strawberries and mint, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the gelatin, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until mixture becomes clear. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine malted milk powder and creamer; whisk into gelatin mixture. Stir in 2 cups whipped topping. Spoon into six dessert dishes; chill until set.
- Just before serving, dollop with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with berries and mint if desired.
Originally published as Strawberry Malted Mousse Cups in Country Woman Christmas 2007
Mar 20, 2012
I was looking for a recipe to use up some jello I had in my cabinet and to serve to my coworkers for my birthday. I made this with orange jello and got a ton of compliments.