Strawberry-Mallow Cake Roll Recipe
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) spreadable strawberry cream cheese
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- Chocolate syrup, optional
- 1. Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- 2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in vanilla. Add dry ingredients; mix well.
- 3. In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold a fourth of the egg whites into batter; fold in remaining whites.
- 4. Gently spoon into prepared pan. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 5. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and marshmallow creme. Unroll cake; spread cream cheese mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with 2-1/2 cups strawberries. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a platter. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, garnish with remaining strawberries. Serve with chocolate syrup if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice: 271 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry-Mallow Cake Roll
"LOOK REALY GOOD"
"Great recipe!! It was my first time making roll cake, and it turn out just awesome. No cracks !!!"
"I've made this recipe numerous times and everytime it turns out great. Most everyone loves it and it is great with the suggested chocolate syrup. I know it's not for everyone but, I also butterscotch syrup on this too."
"This had a very good taste. I had a problem with my cake cracking though and then a lot of the filling fell out. I sis use a boxed angel food mix though and it was a little thick. That may have been the problem. The strawberries made it a little watery. I will probably make this again but follow the recipe exactly."
"I have made this many times and plan to make it again for Easter. My one daughter requests it all the time and often asks me to make it for functions she is attending. It is a real winner if you love strawberries."
"i have made this about six times. made it with pineapple creamcheese and blueberry. i work in hospital kitchen and going to make it for our dessert bar for valentine's day"
"I ONLY USED 1 CREAM CHEESE AND IT WORKED GREAT IHAVE MADE IT WITH CRUSHED PINEAPPLE YUMMY"
"There seemed to be too much filling. As I rolled it was being pushed out toward the end and I wasn't rolling too tight. I took quite a bit of filling out."