- 2 cups finely crushed pretzels (about 6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place crushed pretzels and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl; stir in melted butter. Spread out in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. To toast, bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add boiling water to gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Gently stir in strawberries. Cool slightly. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, lime peel, lime juice, vanilla and remaining sugar until blended. Stir in cooled pretzel mixture. Spread into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Top with strawberry mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forStrawberry-Lime Bars
"These were delicious! Crust didn't get as firm as I would've liked but I think that's because I used fat free cream cheese. Served with a dollop of whipped topping...yum!"