- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup nonfat lemon yogurt
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon white grape juice or water
- 1 prepared angel food cake (10 inches)
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and yogurt. Add the milk, pudding mix and lemon peel; beat until smooth. In a blender, process 1/2 cup strawberries and grape juice until smooth. Tear cake into 1-in. cubes; place a third in a trifle bowl or 3-qt. serving bowl. Top with a third of the pudding mixture and half of the remaining strawberries. Drizzle with half of the strawberry sauce. Repeat. Top with remaining cake and pudding mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Lemon Trifle
"Love the lemon pudding, I used this recipe as a basis to make a birthday trifle for my very picky friend, it was a huge hit with everyone who had some!"
"I did add fresh lemon juice to the pudding. It added a little more lemon flavour. It was delicious. Took it to a party, everyone had seconds."
"Everyone kept tasting the grated lemon rind. Said next time leave it out so I don't know if I will make it again or not."
"5 stars. Everyone loved this dessert. I did add cool whip and more strawberries than the recipe called for."