Although I'm a well-seasoned cook, I never tire of simple pleasures. With few ingredients and easy preparation, this dessert is one of my all-time favorites.
Recommended: 50 Vintage Desserts Worth Trying Today
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh strawberries and additional whipped cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemonade concentrate, strawberries and sugar.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until partially set, about 50 minutes.
- Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into six dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Garnish with fresh berries and additional whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Lemon Bavarian in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p164