Strawberry-Kiwi Jam Recipe
- 6 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 medium kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, mash berries; transfer to a Dutch oven. Add the kiwi, lemon juice and ginger. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- 2. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle into jars or freezer containers and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- 3. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 12 months. Yield: 5-3/4 cups.
2 tablespoons: 94 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Strawberry-Kiwi Jam
"I love this jam! I made this jam and I am amazed at the flavor! I have had something similar and found that the ginger can be a little strong... so I went on the lighter side of 1 Tbsp. I used just a pinch under. Perfect! I will make this again... and again! Love that it is freezer jam. So easy!"