Strawberry Kiwi Chicken Salad
A special salad would be just the thing to complete a warm weather lunch, and Lori Nordhoff of Urbandale, Iowa, has the perfect complement. Strawberry Chicken Salad combines fresh fruit with cooked chicken to create this hearty fruit salad perfect for picnics and luncheons alike. Lori likes to add a handful of chopped walnuts for extra crunch.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 344 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Strawberries and Grilled Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007