A special salad would be just the thing to complete a warm weather lunch, and Lori Nordhoff of Urbandale, Iowa, has the perfect complement. Strawberry Chicken Salad combines fresh fruit with cooked chicken to create this hearty fruit salad perfect for picnics and luncheons alike. Lori likes to add a handful of chopped walnuts for extra crunch.
Recommended: 60 Spring Farmers Market Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p20