Strawberry Jelly Roll Recipe
This pretty jelly roll makes a wonderful dessert for summer or any time of year. It gets a head start with a convenient angel food cake mix.—Jeanette Fuehring, Concordia, Missouri
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups fat-free whipped topping
- 1. Mix cake according to package directions. Spread batter into a greased and waxed paper-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until center of cake springs back when lightly touched. Turn onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners; sugar. Peel off waxed paper; roll up, jelly roll-style, starting with a short side. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Combine strawberries and sugar; set aside. To serve, drain strawberries. Unroll cake; spread with half of the topping. Cover with the berries. Roll up again. Place on a serving plate, seam side down. Spread with remaining topping. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice: 244 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Strawberry Jelly Roll
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC