Strawberry Jelly Roll
This pretty jelly roll makes a wonderful dessert for summer or any time of year. It gets a head start with a convenient angel food cake mix.—Jeanette Fuehring, Concordia, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups fat-free whipped topping
- Mix cake according to package directions. Spread batter into a greased and waxed paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners; sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine strawberries and sugar; set aside. To serve, drain strawberries. Unroll cake; spread with half of the topping. Cover with the berries. Roll up again. Place on a serving plate, seam side down. Spread with remaining topping. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 244 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Strawberry Jelly Roll in Country Woman May/June 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.