VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups fat-free whipped topping
- Mix cake according to package directions. Spread batter into a greased and waxed paper-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until center of cake springs back when lightly touched. Turn onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners; sugar. Peel off waxed paper; roll up, jelly roll-style, starting with a short side. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine strawberries and sugar; set aside. To serve, drain strawberries. Unroll cake; spread with half of the topping. Cover with the berries. Roll up again. Place on a serving plate, seam side down. Spread with remaining topping. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Jelly Roll in Country Woman May/June 1998, p36