- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Red-hot candies, optional
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, gelatin and flour. Beat in oil and eggs. Drain strawberries, reserving 1/2 cup syrup for frosting. Add berries and water to batter; mix well. Divide batter between two waxed paper-lined 8-in. baking pans, one square and one round. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes (square) and 35-40 minutes (round or until cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. In a small mixing bowl, combine butter and reserved syrup. Gradually add sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Place square cake diagonally on a 20-in. x 15-in. covered board. Cut round cake in half. Frost cut sides; place frosted sides against the top two sides of square cake, forming a heart. frost sides and top of cake. Decorate with red-hots if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Heart Cake
"THIS LOOKS REALY GOOD"
"Can this recipe be made with 2 heart shaped pan layered together with frosting in the middle?"