Strawberry-Hazelnut French Toast
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 10 slices French bread baguette (1 inch thick)
- 5 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur or hazelnut flavoring syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries and chopped hazelnuts
- In a microwave, melt butter with brown sugar and corn syrup; stir until brown sugar is blended. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, liqueur and vanilla; pour over bread. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove French toast from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until puffed, edges are golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with strawberries and hazelnuts.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 23, 2017
Are you thinking of making this? Go, right now, and make it. This recipe is worth 10 stars. I only made a couple of minor changes. I halved the recipe for the two of us and used pecans instead of hazelnuts. I used the hazelnut flavored syrup. You wonder if it would reheat later? I wouldn't know. We ate the whole thing. This would make a fabulous guest breakfast but the two of us will have it often. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Jun 19, 2017
I loved having this in the fridge ready to pop in the oven for breakfast this morning. It was very delicious and filling! I just used the hazelnut extract because my son won't eat nuts. Everyone loved it!