Strawberry Granola Squares
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups granola cereal without raisins
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- In a large bowl, combine the granola, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside a third of the mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture into a well-greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Spread preserves over crust; sprinkle with reserved granola mixture. Bake until filling is bubbly around the edges, about 15 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 349 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 6, 2015
These are great! Made a lightly crunch bar that didn't feel to sugary. Nice way to use the last of granola cereal. Quickly assembled. Followed directions exactly and bars cut nicely. As a volunteer Taste of Home food editor I enjoy baking classic recipes with a twist. Try these granola bars with your favorite granola!