Strawberry Glaze Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 6 cups fresh whole strawberries, hulled, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- Few drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- Mash 1 cup strawberries; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water and mashed berries. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in food coloring if desired. Cook and stir 3 minutes more. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread about 1/3 cup glaze over bottom and sides of pie shell. Halve remaining strawberries; arrange in shell. Spoon remaining glaze over berries. Chill for 1-2 hours. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream. Pie is best served the day it's made.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 261 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 12, 2017
Divine! Easy pie recipe and turns out perfectly sweet.
Jun 7, 2014
Delicious glaze. I cut the sugar back to 2/3 cup but the rest is perfect. I mixed the berries and glaze and refrigerated them out of the crust. Right before serving I added the glazed berries to the crust and topped with fresh homemade whipped cream. OH MY WORD! So yummy! I'm going to try it with blueberries, peaches, cherries and any other fruit you can put into a crust!
Nov 3, 2013
Absolutely delicious! Just like I remember from when I was a kid. Prefer the flavor very much to pies with an artificially flavored strawberry gelatin base. Definitely eat it within 36 hours of making it! Wonderful recipe!
May 19, 2012
I tried this pie so that we could have variety. I usually make my strawberry pies with a gelatin base rather than a strawberry base. This pie is TOO HIGHLY CONCENTRATED with strawberries. My husband (who has never been allergic to strawberries before) had a severe allergic reaction after eating a slice of this pie and drinking the remaining juice on his plate. Please be aware!
Jun 14, 2011
this pie was wonderful, like it alot
Nov 1, 2010
taste really good with a graham cracker pie crust!!!
May 27, 2010
This was a great glaze recipe...strawberry jello helps it to set up better!
May 11, 2010
Wonderful, easy recipe without the gummy gelatin. Best strawberry pie I've ever made/tasted. Thanks!