- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-1/2 cups fresh strawberries (about 12 ounces), halved
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place first six ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add cream, processing just until combined. Remove to a bowl; stir in lemon juice. Refrigerate, covered, until cold, about 4 hours.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream maker no more than two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate any remaining mixture until ready to freeze.)
- Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze until firm, 3-4 hours. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts
Reviews forStrawberry Gelato
"Made it this morning. In place of lemon juice, we switched to lime, using the juice from two and added the zest. Oh My Gosh! Talk about yummy!"
"This has a wonderful strawberry flavor and is not too sweet. It is easy to prepare. It did not all fit in my ice cream maker, so I had to freeze it in two batches."