Strawberry Gelatin Salad
Even though it's low-fat, this salad is always a hit when served at church dinners and family reunions. Strawberries, bananas and pineapple give this dish its delightful natural sweetness.—Ruth Barton, Millsap, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (.6 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- Mash strawberries, bananas and sugar substitute; set aside. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in strawberry mixture and pineapple.
- Pour half into an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. Chill until firm. Combine yogurt and the remaining gelatin mixture; spoon over the first layer. Chill until firm, about 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 86 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/4 fat-free milk.
Originally published as Strawberry Gelatin Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.