Strawberry Garden Salad
When I take this cheery mix of berries, pineapple, red onion and feta to book club, it’s a blockbuster. I add a sprinkle of vanilla sugar almonds on top. —Deborah Loop, Clinton Township, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place greens, fruit and onion in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Serve immediately.
Health Tip: Switch to a baby kale salad blend for more fiber, vitamin C, calcium and iron.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 106 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Strawberry Pineapple Mixed Green Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.