I was ecstatic when the owners of the Morley House in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, graciously shared this fabulous recipe with me. It's so good! —Debbie Dougherty, New Albany, Indiana
Recommended: Our Berriest Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 16 slices bread, crusts removed
- 10 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- STRAWBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 jar (18 ounces) strawberry preserves
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Spread cream cheese over eight slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Cut sandwiches into 1-in. squares; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cream, butter and syrup; pour into the dish. With a spoon, gently press bread cubes into egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and top is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine preserves and strawberries. Cook and stir until preserves are melted. Serve with French toast bake. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Strawberry French Toast Bake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p26
Reviews forStrawberry French Toast Bake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2015
"I loved this. I used strawberry cream cheese. I baked the dish covered for 40 minutes and 15 uncovered. I probably should have just baked it uncovered from the beginning."