Strawberry Freezer Jam Recipe
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 1. Wash and mash the berries, measuring out enough mashed berries to make 4 cups; place in a large bowl. Stir in the sugar, corn syrup and lemon juice. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a small saucepan, bring water and pectin to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add to fruit mixture; stir for 3 minutes.
- 3. Pour into jars or freezer containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 1 year. Yield: 4-1/2 pints.
2 tablespoons: 79 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Freezer Jam
"This made delicious jam. I have made other freezer jam and agree with jlbandlow, they set up differently."
"Great recipe. For those who said it didn't set up, freezer jam is a bit different from those you cook, so it won't set up like those."
"I even doubled the pectin and it still did not set up. Shouldn't this be a no cook item?"
"i really don't know if i would. second year in a row i made it and it not jell. was very precise in my measurements. i'm wondering if the lemon juice plus the 3/4 cups of water is too much liquid. should the pectin have been increased to 2 packages as suggested by "smstillinger.""
"Tasty jam, but it didn't get very thick. I think it could use 2 packages of pectin instead of 1. The infomation in the pectin box said to use 2 packages for 2 quarts of berries."
"Turned out delicious but slightly thinner than I expected. But overall very good and will make again."
"Can you substitute raspberries in this recipie?"
"Can you use Splenda in place of sugar?"