This recipe yields a large volume, so it's great to take to a potluck or family gathering. The cool, creamy pudding pairs well with the angel food cake and strawberries.
Recommended: 14 Chocolate-Strawberry Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (10-1/2 ounces) angel food cake, cubed
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 2 cups sugar-free low-fat vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, partially thawed and sliced
- Place cake in the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a mixing bowl, beat pudding mix and milk on low 1-1/2 minutes. Add ice cream; beat on low 1 minute. Pour over cake; chill. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cold water and strawberries; mix until partially set. Spoon over pudding layer. Cover and chill overnight. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Dessert in Country Woman November/December 1995, p36
Reviews forStrawberry Dessert
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2008
"like to see picture of this recipe, please"