Strawberry Delight Torte
This tort is extremely festive looking and yet so easy to make. It can also be prepared ahead of time.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh strawberries and mint sprigs, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine marshmallow creme and lemon juice. Stir in strawberries. Fold in whipped cream. Pour over the crust. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with strawberries and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 267 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Delight Torte in Country Extra May 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.