VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh strawberries and mint sprigs, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine marshmallow creme and lemon juice. Stir in strawberries. Fold in whipped cream. Pour over the crust. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with strawberries and mint if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Delight Torte in Country Extra May 2004, p49