Strawberry Cutout Cookies
Cropping up from a recipe shared by Heather Thays of Niles, Michigan is a fresh-picked idea for sugar cookies. Just cut the dough into strawberry shapes like our kitchen staff did.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 7 dozen (3-inch) cookies
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- Red and green colored sugar
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in two eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Cover and refrigerate overnight. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a strawberry or other fruit-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. In a bowl, beat the water and remaining eggs. Brush over cookies; sprinkle with colored sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 200 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Strawberry Cutout Cookies in Crafting Traditions July/August 2000