Strawberry Crumble Parfaits
Time to take out those parfaits glasses! This is one of those elegant, but effortless recipes perfect for simple summer entertaining. Country Woman's taste panel loved the texture contrast between the smooth, creamy berry mixture and the buttery, crunchy topping. Carol Anderson, Salt Lake City, says this is "so delicious and refreshing on a warm summer's evening."
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and pecans; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Spread into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- In another large bowl, combine the milk, lemon juice and orange juice. Add strawberries. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of crumb mixture into each parfait glass; top with a scant 3 tablespoonfuls of berry mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 20-30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 369 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Parfaits Crunchy Crumble in Country Woman July/August 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.