Strawberry Crepe Roll-Ups Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup strawberry spreadable fruit
- 3 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine the milk, egg substitute and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Coat a 7- or 8-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Pour about 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to plate; keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, coating with additional cooking spray as needed.
- 3. Spread each crepe with about 2 teaspoons spreadable fruit. Top with about 3 tablespoons strawberries. Roll up. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 8 servings.
2 each: 137 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Strawberry Crepe Roll-Ups
"We really like these. It's a lighter version of crepes than I've made before and it comes out perfect. We added a couple Tablespoons of Whipped Topping/Cream to each and I also sprinkled a small bit of splenda/stevia on the strawberries only because they weren't as sweet as usual, but maybe not a good batch of strawberries. We will make often and I will definitely make for company. The crepes can be made ahead of time, which is a great way to get a head start on brunch. I just reheated them for 10-15 seconds in the microwave before serving."
"Although I followed the recipe, I didn't use the egg substitute. In stead I used 3 eggs and did the rest the same. Excellent results. My kids loved them."
"These were very good and very fun to make"