Strawberry Cream Puff Dessert
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Additional sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, butter, sugar and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add egg and beat well. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- For filling, in a small bowl, combine strawberries and 2 teaspoons sugar. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream and remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in strawberry mixture.
- Fill the cream puffs just before serving. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Garnish with additional strawberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 311 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 28, 2017
This seemed to be missing something. I have never made cream puffs, but I found the recipe easy enough. I might try it again .. perhaps some vanilla in the cream puff. The directions say to immediately split puffs open. Mine started to fall apart.