Strawberry Cream Crepes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup strawberry glaze
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, egg, milk and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and cinnamon until blended. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoonfuls down the center of each crepe; roll up.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine strawberries and glaze. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with crepes.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 336 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 13, 2010
I added about 1/3 cup powdered sugar to the crepe recipe. Although I didn't get to have any, my family ate them all very quickly. Also, I sliced a pint of fresh strawberries, since I had them, and mixed with 2 T sugar. Then let it set while I made everything else.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.