- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Seedless strawberry jam
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Add flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each ball; fill with about 1/4 teaspoon jam. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews forStrawberry Cream Cookies
"Very easy to make and tasty."
"These are great cookies and one if my son's favorites. If I didn't make them every Christmas, I would be in trouble!"
"These are a family favorite. I make them throughout the year and switch fillings. Plum jam, apricot jam, tart cherry and even fig. All delicious and they freeze and ship well."
"Excellent! easy prep - and the taste can't be beat. Thanks for sharing."
"One of my top 3 favorite cookies ever both in taste and ease of prep. Put the jelly in a plastic bag snip if the corner and pipe in...makes it so much easier!!"
"I ran across this recipe and decided to give it a try. That was two years ago. Everyone loves them and requests the recipe. I have even changed up the type of jelly."
"These cookies taste like a cheesecake tart! Always very popular and make every holiday!"
"I am not a huge fan of this type of cookie but my husband loves this recipe. So it is a keeper"