Strawberry Cream Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Seedless strawberry jam
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Add flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each ball; fill with about 1/4 teaspoon jam. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
2 each: 139 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Cream Cookies
"Very easy to make and tasty."
"These are great cookies and one if my son's favorites. If I didn't make them every Christmas, I would be in trouble!"
"These are a family favorite. I make them throughout the year and switch fillings. Plum jam, apricot jam, tart cherry and even fig. All delicious and they freeze and ship well."
"Excellent! easy prep - and the taste can't be beat. Thanks for sharing."
"One of my top 3 favorite cookies ever both in taste and ease of prep. Put the jelly in a plastic bag snip if the corner and pipe in...makes it so much easier!!"
"I ran across this recipe and decided to give it a try. That was two years ago. Everyone loves them and requests the recipe. I have even changed up the type of jelly."
"These cookies taste like a cheesecake tart! Always very popular and make every holiday!"
"I am not a huge fan of this type of cookie but my husband loves this recipe. So it is a keeper"
"I didn't even get to try these, honestly! They were devoured! Didn't have butter, so I used margarine, and had trouble getting the dough to stop crumbling."
"I always try out new cookie recipes every December. This one is now a family favorite. I made over 6 batches in December."
"Yum, yum and YUM! These were easy to make and turned out great. Next time I will try other jam flavors too. The dough is super yummy - I think it would be great just to mix in nuts or chopped cranberries and skip the jam part. Could be very versatile!"
"That does sound like a lot of vanilla, but I still can't wait to try them!"
"3 tsp. vanilla seems like a lot. Is this amt. correct?"
"Yummy!! I used raspberry jam and they were great -- got lots of compliments from my cookie exchange. I rolled the dough in granulated sugar before I put the jam in. It made them sparkly and extra yummy!"
"What a nice cookie. Love the strawberry jam. Would like to try the other flavors. Very good! Thank you!"
"These are delicious! I used different jellies - black raspberry seedless jelly, red plum jam, peach jelly. They all tasted great, and they are pretty, too."