Strawberry Citrus Slushies
Ordinary juice is just fine for everyday. But when hosting morning meals, our home economists suggest you serve something a little more special, like this pretty and refreshing beverage.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + cooling
- STRAWBERRY PUREE:
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- CITRUS SLUSH:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 4-1/2 cups ice cubes
- Place the strawberries, confectioners' sugar and water in a blender. Cover and process until blended; transfer to a small bowl. Cover and chill until serving.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- Just before serving, place the lemon juice, orange juice, ice cubes and sugar syrup in a blender. Cover and process until it reaches a slushy consistency. Divide strawberry puree among four chilled glasses. Top with citrus slush. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup citrus slush with 1-1/2 tablespoons puree: 157 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Mar 30, 2017
An elevated citrus drink. Very flavorful, delicious and easy peasy. A hit with the adults and children.
Oct 13, 2014
Easy to put together and delicious. The great thing about this is I usually have all these ingredients on hand all the time.