"I got this recipe at my Weight Watchers meeting during a recipe swap and made some slight alterations," says Donna Burke of Chatsworth, Illinois. "Flavored with orange, peel, mustard, raspberry vinegar and raisins, this chutney is great on ham, turkey or pork."
Recommended: Our Favorite Canning Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in strawberries. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes longer or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Chutney in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p16