The ever-popular combination of strawberries and chocolate shines in these rich, decadent truffles. I often double the recipe to give as gifts. —Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
Featured In: Homemade Valentine's Day Candy
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (7 ounces each), halved
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup strawberry spreadable fruit
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups chopped almonds, toasted
- Place chocolate in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; cover and process until smooth. Stir in spreadable fruit and vanilla until combined. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in almonds. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberry Chocolate Truffles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p164