- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons butter (no substitutes), divided
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 26 squares)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 square (1 ounce) semisweet chocolate
- Melt 1/2 cup butter. In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; refrigerate.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the whipped topping, sour cream and pudding mix until blended. Spread half over crust. Arrange strawberries over the top. Spread with remaining filling. In a microwave, melt chocolate and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Drizzle over filling. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Chocolate Torte
"I love this recipe! I have made it several times now, and it has turned out great each time. I reduced the butter and the sugar by several tablespoons, and it still turns out great but with fewer calories. It is also super easy!"
"I have made this recipe numerous times and it is excellent...I always use fresh whipped cream as well instead of frozen whipped topping..."
"I made this yummy dessert with raspberries instead of strawberries, and it was delicious. We all loved it, and it was so pretty! Definentely something I will make again. Oh, and it was really simple to mix up! Mmmm."