Strawberry Chocolate Torte
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 10 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- In a microwave, melt 1/2 cup butter. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs,butter and sugar until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; Chill.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the whipped topping, sour cream and pudding mix until blended. Spread half over crust. Arrange strawberries over the top. Spread with remaining filling.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Drizzle over filling. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 313 calories, 18g fat (13g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 7, 2019
Very well received at a women's group dinner. I think I might try a cookie crumb crust for variety. I substitute vanilla (or French vanilla) yogurt for the sour cream.
Jul 8, 2016
I love this recipe! I have made it several times now, and it has turned out great each time. I reduced the butter and the sugar by several tablespoons, and it still turns out great but with fewer calories. It is also super easy!
Aug 10, 2011
I made this recipe the filling was thick like glue, would not spread any suggestions of what could of went wrong, i used cool whip and the sour cream and 40 grams of jello chocolate fat free instant pudding. I don;t know if the 40 grams would equal the 3.9 ounces of chocolate,help please. Thanks
Feb 8, 2011
I have made this recipe numerous times and it is excellent...I always use fresh whipped cream as well instead of frozen whipped topping...
Aug 3, 2010
This delicious dessert is easy to prepare and has become a family favorite. I have also made it using cherry pie filling when I had no strawberries, and that was very good too.
Sep 8, 2009
I made this yummy dessert with raspberries instead of strawberries, and it was delicious. We all loved it, and it was so pretty! Definentely something I will make again. Oh, and it was really simple to mix up! Mmmm.