Strawberry Chicken Salad Croissants
Crunchy almonds add delicious texture, while fresh strawberries lend a slight twist to classic chicken salad. Be sure to pack basketful of these picnic-perfect sandwiches the next time you head to the park. —Abigail Roe, Chula Vista, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup salted roasted almonds
- 9 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, mayonnaise, relish, jam and salt. Stir in strawberries and almonds. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken salad onto each croissant bottom; replace tops.