- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cold 2% milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- In a small bowl, combine the strawberries, almonds and sugar. Pour into crust; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually add 1/2 cup of milk. Add dry pudding mix and remaining milk. Beat for 1 minute or until blended; pour over strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Cheesecake Pie
"I made this for my family & everyone enjoyed it. It's excellent"
"I made this for a potluck dinner with girlfriends. After reading all the reviews, I used full-fat cream cheese and milk and used about 1 and 7/8 cups of milk to try to ensure that the pudding would set up. It did although I wouldn't say it was firm. I also used a slotted spoon to place the strawberries into the crust so it would not become soggy from the juice. That did not work....the bottom crust was a good-tasting soggy mess. Aside from that, the pie had a very good flavor. I won't make it again but I did receive many compliments."
"This is an excellent pie!"
"Very nice! Just like the cheesecake pies my father used to make. Takes me back..."
"Very good and easy to make. My husband liked it and he is fussy when it comes to desserts."
"This is first recipe from Taste of Home that has disappointed. The taste was mediocre, certainly nothing special. In addition, made in evening and refrigerated overnight for a brunch..crust was soggy from strawberry juice. This is not a recipe I would make again."
"Since my husband is lactose-intolerant, I substituted prepared lemon pudding (uses lemon juice, not milk), a little bit of soy milk, and soy cream cheese. The lemon-strawberry combination was delicious! He took it to work and even his cautious co-workers had seconds! I am making it again for Easter."
"great taste it fell apart a tiny bit but it didnt bother me at all. i recommend it"
"Oh sorry - I used the cheesecake instant pudding flavor...."