- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-1/2 cups angel food cake cubes
- 2 whole fresh strawberries, halved
- In a small bowl, combine sliced strawberries and sugar; set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar. Add the sour cream, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and almond extract.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the remaining confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- In two parfait glasses, layer a fourth of the sliced strawberry mixture, cake cubes and cream mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Top each parfait with two strawberry halves. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Cheesecake Parfaits
"This recipe is WONDERFUL!!! Strawberries... cheesecake taste... fast to make and a nice way to use strawberries! Fat is good for you as long as it's a good fat! I don't know why people write reviews on recipes based on their nutritional value. If you don't want cheesecake, which is always high in fat unless you use fat-free ingredients (NO THANKS), then look for a different dessert to suit your special diet."
"This recipe looks very pretty, but at 618 calories and 32 grams of fat for such a small dessert, you can keep it!"