Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, brown sugar, butter, lemon peel and almond extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Spoon half of the batter into greased muffin cups. Top each with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture and 1 teaspoon jam. Top with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 247 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins
"Any recipe that has strawberries and cream cheese I'm there. These were delicious. I took them to work and they all wanted the recipe. I did use muffin liners with mine. They did spill out a little. Didn't really make a difference, everyone devoured them. Will certainly make again. Thanks for the recipe."
"The muffins had a very good flavor. However, the filling did spill out for me too, which equals a big mess and very ugly muffins. I would probably put a little less muffin mix in the next time, especially on the bottom. And instead of 3 t of baking powder, it would be 2."
"So sorry to say this, but they were very dry and the filling drained out the side of the muffins and made a mess.CA"