Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sugar strawberry preserves
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir and let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved. Meanwhile, combine strawberries and preserves; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons sour cream until blended; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat whipping cream and remaining sour cream until it begins to thicken. Add the gelatin mixture and remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- In each of six dessert dishes, layer 1/2 cup strawberry mixture and 1/3 cup cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 279 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 21, 2018
I don't know what I did wrong but on step 3 of the directions I was not able to get the consistency to thicken much less stiff peaks. On my second try I used an aluminum bowl and put that and the mixer beaters in the freezer before I started beating the whipping cream. I'm open for suggestions since I don't see that anyone else had a problem.
Apr 28, 2016
This is sooo good!
May 9, 2011
made this and everyone loved it! I substituted raspberries for the strawberries and it is divine!
Apr 21, 2010
Strawberry cheesecake mousse is delicious and so easy to make. My family loves it and we make it any time we can.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.