Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 carton (8 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- Maple syrup and additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, sugar and vanilla. Spread 2 tablespoons on each of eight slices of bread; top with remaining bread. In a bowl, beat eggs and milk; soak sandwiches for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Cook on a greased hot griddle for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through. Serve with strawberries. Top with syrup and additional confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 220 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 19, 2014
I made this today. It was not bad. I added cinnamon to mine. I will make this again but next time I think I will use cream cheese instead of ricotta.
Dec 29, 2013
Mmmmm! Very good!
May 18, 2012
Cheesecake filling did not taste that great, it seemed to have a strong ricotta cheese taste. Maybe more confectioners sugar would have changed my opinion of this recipe. I would rather regular french toast anyways (and who needs all the added sugar anyways).