For a naturally sweet addition to your meal, top ice cream with this lovely and delicious dessert. Or serve it warm by itself with a dollop of whipped cream. Either way, it's irresistible!—Cheryl Mutch, Edmonton, Alberta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place the strawberries in an ungreased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine sour cream and cinnamon; spoon over berries. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until bubbly. Serve over ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 105 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Broil in Country Woman May/June 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.