Strawberry Breakfast Spread Recipe
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1-3/4 cups unsweetened strawberries, mashed
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over orange juice; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in remaining ingredients. Transfer to a container; cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until firm. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Equal Sweetner
2 tablespoons: 16 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.