"This recipe comes from my mother, Helen Orman, who is on a restricted diet," says Theresa Brown of Mountain Home, Idaho. "She makes this yummy fruit spread often and uses it in place of jellies and syrups."
Recommended: 60 Instagram-Worthy Summer Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1-3/4 cups unsweetened strawberries, mashed
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over orange juice; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in remaining ingredients. Transfer to a container; cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until firm. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Strawberry Breakfast Spread in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p17