Strawberry Breadstick Rolls
For a simple dessert, bake these sweet fruit-topped rolls that call for just six ingredients. They’re so yummy, your family may request them for breakfast, too.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 5 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a small bowl, combine the strawberries and 2 teaspoons sugar; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, unroll breadstick dough (do not separate). Seal perforations; brush dough with butter. Combine brown sugar and remaining sugar; sprinkle over dough. Reroll, starting with a short end. Cut along seam lines.
- Place rolls cut side down on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with syrup. Serve with reserved strawberry mixture.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Pillsbury refrigerated breadsticks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 227 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 427mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Maple Strawberry Breadsticks in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.