Before moving to Oklahoma, I owned a catering business in Tennessee. This recipe was a favorite with my clients. I appreciate that the dough starts with a convenient hot roll mix.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Prepare roll mix according to directions. While dough rests, mix jam, apricots and walnuts.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 14x9-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Spread filling down center third of rectangle. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips at an angle, about 2-1/2-in. into the center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Pinch both ends to seal.
- Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Brush top with butter; sprinkle with sugar. Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 278 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.