- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 bunch romaine, torn (about 10 cups)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- Season steak with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add steak; cook 5-7 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak into bite-size strips; toss with lime juice.
- On a platter, combine romaine, strawberries and onion; top with steak. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Serve with vinaigrette. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry-Blue Cheese Steak Salad
"I do not usually care for fruit in my salad, but this one is delicious! I have also substituted feta cheese for the blue cheese, and it is equally as tasty."