Strawberry Bavarian Torte
This beautiful make-ahead dessert is deliciously light...the perfect ending to any meal.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 sponge cake, cut into cubes
- Additional whipped cream
- Whole strawberries for garnish
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Add berries; allow to thicken partially. Fold in whipped cream. Fold in cake cubes; stir until well coated. Spread into a greased springform pan; cover and chill overnight. Remove from pan and place on a torte plate. Frost with whipped cream and garnish with berries.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 258 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Bavarian Torte in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.