Strawberry Bavarian Torte
This beautiful make-ahead dessert is deliciously light...the perfect ending to any meal.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 sponge cake, cut into cubes
- Additional whipped cream
- Whole strawberries for garnish
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Add berries; allow to thicken partially. Fold in whipped cream. Fold in cake cubes; stir until well coated. Spread into a greased springform pan; cover and chill overnight. Remove from pan and place on a torte plate. Frost with whipped cream and garnish with berries.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 258 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Bavarian Torte in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook