"As a child, I asked my mother to make this colorful gelatin for birthdays," recalls Lorna Northcutt of Gladstone, Oregon. "Now I fix it for my husband and son. You can leave out the marshmallows if you prefer," she adds.
Recommended: 41 Ways to Love Jell-O (Because We Know You Do)
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in the strawberries; fold in marshmallows and whipped cream. Transfer to a 5-cup serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Bavarian Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p9
Reviews forStrawberry Bavarian Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2012
"This recipe has become a family favorite."